Please visit the other 'Bricks' blogs:
ArtisticBricks ComicBricks ContestBricks DisneyBricks GodBricks
MicroBricks MinilandBricks SciBricks TolkienBricks VignetteBricks

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Transfiguration

Cody G. shows us his LEGO interpretation of the transfiguration of Jesus. As described in three of the Gospels, Jesus went with Peter, James and John up onto a mountain. While there, they saw him filled with glory, and conversing with Moses and Elijah. The Gospel accounts don't mention them rising into the air (unless I'm misremembering, but I didn't see it in a quick skim over the relevant passages), but (at least to me), by raising the three figures up, Cody's MOC points ahead to Christ on the cross. Of course, the symbolism breaks down in that would make Moses and Elijah into the two criminals, but I like the visual connection it makes between Christ's glory and his sacrifice.



BTW, I apologize for the month+ hiatus in this blog. I've been quite busy with work and with life lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment