Please visit the other 'Bricks' blogs:
ArtisticBricks ComicBricks ContestBricks DisneyBricks GodBricks
MicroBricks MinilandBricks SciBricks TolkienBricks VignetteBricks

Monday, January 18, 2010

Martin Luther King, Jr.

"In the final analysis, I must not ignore the wounded man on life's Jericho road, because he is part of me and I am part of him. His agony diminishes me, and his salvation enlarges me."
-Martin Luther King, Jr., from Strength to Love, a collection of his sermons
We tend to think of Dr. King in political terms, but that fails to recognize that he was first a preacher, and his views on civil rights grew out of his Christian faith. Perhaps this is because American schools are wary of emphasizing religious topics for fear of violating the separation of church and state. Anyway, I highly recommend reading some of his words as you reflect on this Martin Luther King day. That link I give to Google Books has extensive excerpts, with several of the sermons given in full.




MLK minifig by Dunechaser, mosaic from Legoland Windsor - photo credit to astonpuff

No comments:

Post a Comment