Please visit the other 'Bricks' blogs:
ArtisticBricks ComicBricks ContestBricks DisneyBricks GodBricks
MicroBricks MinilandBricks SciBricks TolkienBricks VignetteBricks

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Spirit war

As long as I'm posting on Tiger, I also wanted to point out his Spirit War. I'm not sure if there is any specific religious content here, but another AFOL from Taiwan notes that this story found its inspiration through the six realms of the Buddhist cosmology. I think it's an original work by Tiger, but would love to know more. I think you can easily see why Tiger is one of my favorite LEGO builders, even when I don't know the backstory behind the creations. His comic-book style of presentation is particularly striking. The six realms referred to are the different types of rebirth available in some forms of Buddhism - "rebirth as a deva, an asura, a human being, an animal, a hungry ghost, or a being in Naraka (hell)."source If someone wants to translate these comics into English, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be really thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment