Please visit the other 'Bricks' blogs:
ArtisticBricks ComicBricks ContestBricks DisneyBricks GodBricks
MicroBricks MinilandBricks SciBricks TolkienBricks VignetteBricks

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgivukkah

Hanukkah comes early this year. For the first time in over a century, and the last time for over 79000 years, the first full day of Hanukkah comes at the same time as Thanksgiving. The Hebrew calendar is lunisolar, that is, it is based both on the solar year and on the lunar phases, so it varies on a 19 year cycle. Many are having fun with this rare coincidence of holidays, for instance creating 'Menurkeys' (Menorah/turkey mashups). Here is Dave Kaleta's version. I hope all of my Jewish readers have a very blessed holiday.


2 comments:

  1. How you manage to find EVERYTHING amazes me. I love this!
    And finally, a mini-fig scale Hanukkiyah a kid can make (although I'm not sure I have these oval things the "candles" fit into . . . what are they?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found it! 1x2 Liftarm, thin. BrickLink here I come.

    ReplyDelete