Please visit the other 'Bricks' blogs:
ArtisticBricks ComicBricks ContestBricks DisneyBricks GodBricks
MicroBricks MinilandBricks SciBricks TolkienBricks VignetteBricks

Monday, August 13, 2012

Walking on water

During the fourth watch of the night Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear. But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."
"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."
"Come," he said. (Matthew 14:25-29a, NIV)
Ian Spacek shows us Jesus walking on water.


2 comments:

  1. Not bad. But I'm not sure I agree with the choice to fill the boat with fishing materials rather than more of the disciples. The story doesn't specify that ALL of the 12 disciples were in the boat. There's also no indication from the story that the boat was being used for fishing, but it was definitely being used to transport the disciples across the Sea of Galilee.

    But as Jesus famously said, "put up or shut up!", so here's my new version of the same scene created for The Brick Bible: The New Testament, coming out this Fall: http://thereverend.com/nt/cover/jesus_walks_on_water_900x600.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool pic, Brendan. I'll put it up in a few days. Let me know when your next book is coming out and I'll be sure to post it here.

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete