Please visit the other 'Bricks' blogs:
ArtisticBricks ComicBricks ContestBricks DisneyBricks GodBricks
MicroBricks MinilandBricks SciBricks TolkienBricks VignetteBricks

Friday, June 22, 2012

Birth and death

AlfredD has finally posted the remaining scenes in the series he calls the ten most beautiful stories in the Bible, showing the nativity and the cross. There's also a bonus creation of a giant cross.





So that makes his list:
1. The cross
2. Christ's birth
3. Noah's ark
4. David and Goliath
5. Not sure, but I think the parable of the prodigal son
6. The good Samaritan
7. Joseph in Egypt
8. Queen Esther
9. Creation
10. Jonah and the Whale
I wonder what others would pick as the ten key things to illustrate from the Bible? I think if I were to do a project like this I'd try to tell the story as: creation, the Fall, the giving of the law on Sinai, the promise of a messiah (no idea how I'd illustrate that), Christ's birth, the cross, the empty tomb, and Christ's return in glory. I know, that's eight. Maybe in there I'd include Abraham and Isaac, since that is such a wonderful prefiguring of Christ's substitutionary atonement, and maybe the parting of the Red Sea. How about you? (Of course, I recognize that this is completely a Christian interpretation. A Jewish reader would have a very different list.)

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to see a slew of Christian / Muslim / Jewish LEGO interpretations of Abe and Ike, wouldn't you? And without commentary or indication of authorship at first, so that viewers would have to figure out the "meaning" of each setting, just based on what they see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be cool to see with all kinds of different scenes from our shared scriptures.

    On the story of Abraham and Isaac specifically, I did some looking around and found this from Athos:
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1854391
    plus of course there is the Brick Testament, and a few things on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, forgot this one that I already blogged:
    http://godbricks.blogspot.com/2011/12/abraham-and-isaac.html

    ReplyDelete