The Frauenkirche was a Lutheran cathedral built in Dresden, Germany, in the early 1700's. It was almost completely destroyed during the bombing of Dresden in WWII. For over four decades, it was a pile of rubble. In 1989 an effort was started to rebuild the church, and in 1993 construction began, using the original plans by Georg Bähr. As far as possible they used stones from the original building. In a labor of love, the building was recreated and reconsecrated on in 2005. In another labor of love, Holger Matthes produced a LEGO version. Be sure to follow the link to his website to see the incredible details, both on the exterior and the interior.